Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mom got cheesecake today!

Mom finished her last brain radiation this morning and was treated to a piece of cheesecake and a certificate signed by all those amazing employees she's been going to visit for the last month or so. She thanked them with a fruit bowl.

I must admit that I wasn't able to write this last weekend because there wasn't good news to share. Mom had a horrible night Friday night and did not sleep a wink. I showed up at the house on Saturday afternoon and, for the first time, I saw a cancer patient. I peeked into her bedroom while she was taking a nap and she did not look good. She was wearing a bandana to catch all of the hair that's falling out and her face was pale and tired looking. Sorry mom, but it's the truth! I just sat with her for a couple hours and it was a very quiet time.

Sunday she had perked up a bit and we had a nice Father's Day dinner for Brian and John. Mom visited with Adrienne and Cherrie from Danville. They kept her busy yesterday too. This morning I thought mom looked well again. She is looking forward to a visit from Marybeth and Robyn from San Leandro tonight.

Thank you again for all of your love and prayers at this time. Mom is an amazing fighter, but knows she cannot do this alone. We appreciate all of you.
Val

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Jill, you are incredible. I'm sure glad I get to see you soon to tell you that in person and to give you the biggest hug. I love you tons. Our prayers and thoughts are always with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong and positive Jill, I am checking on you all the time even though I am not close enough to come to visit you. Someone sent me a quote the other day, it said "God does not give you anymore than you can handle. If you are going through hard times, keep pushing forward!" You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you look FABULOUS in your bandana! One foot in front of the other Jill. . . . we are all taking this trip with you! Your spirit and strength are so inspirational. This trial is for your good, you can climb this climb!
    Thinking of you always - Natalie

    ReplyDelete