Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"I have good news for you."

The doctor's first words were just what we wanted/needed to hear today. Dr. Manalo explained that all the tumors have shrunk 30-35%. Mom is still anemic and may begin getting a shot to help with that. She had her 4th chemo treatment today and is scheduled for two more. Then we will have scans again. If the tumors have shrunk to at least 50% she will be considered in partial remission.

We still have the brain MRI scheduled in September and will hope for the same good news then.
She got the official okay to get back to work and is looking and feeling good right now. It is truly a great relief and we cried happy tears.

We went to the temple yesterday morning and mom said that when she is there she feels almost perfect. Even the metallic taste that she is usually experiencing is gone. We know that our Father in Heaven is watching over us and is aware of our every need. Thank you so much for the prayers and good thoughts you are sending her way.
Val

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for this news! I'm looking forward to getting back to work with you, too. Cheers! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! Congradulations! I am so happy and relieved! I have been checking your site, hoping for good news! I will see you, soon, back at work!
    Lorene

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news. I know jill has been looking forward to getting back to school. All those kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting to hear the great news! Hooray;-) Love you Jill, Val and Alison. Can't wait to see the light on down the hallway. See you soon ;-) Love, Darlene Mertin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good news! After putting your name in the Oakland Temple today, I came home to read your blog. There are happy, grateful faces in Oakland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking and praying for you all day. So happy to read this wonderful news! Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am crying happy tears for you, too! Such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so good to see you guys yesterday! Jill, you do look so good, happy and positive about your future! I don't think I told you that yesterday! I am so excited for school to start so that I can see your smiling face daily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, good news. Keep fighting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been so anxious to hear how the appointment went. . . great news! I hoped Heavenly Father's will was in sync with ours! Jill you are incredible- you are one at the top of the list of great people that I admire, even before all of this. I was so impressed with the way you handled Cutler. It gets me all emotional, you handled him with optimism and patience and that was just what he needed to come to his own. He knew you were on his side and that made all of the difference. I am following your example and he is a different person! Thank you for being SO . . . . YOU! You are great! Still fighting with you! -Natalie

    ReplyDelete