Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Anybody still out there?

I cannot believe how much time has passed since the last entry. Well, let's fill you in on the latest. Mom went down to the one chemo drug and unfortunately it has created a variety of not-so-fun side effects. I will name a few that I can remember...her feet hurt, her body aches, her back is sore, she pulled a muscle in her neck, she felt nauseous...you get the idea. Characteristic of mom though, she hasn't let it stop her.

She hasn't missed a day of work except for the Dr. appointments, helped with the school carnival, she attended Time Out for Women, went up north to watch a soccer game and visit with family, had parent/teacher conferences, and frankly, too many other things to mention.

She did have an especially emotional week last week as we remembered my dad's passing six years ago. I know that she still misses him greatly.

At her appointment today she found out that she isn't anemic anymore and is grateful not to have to get the red blood cell shot. She will have a PET scan on Friday to check to make sure that all of the ache in her back isn't the cancer growing again. I will let you know the results when I get them.

As we head into the holiday season I hope that we can all remember our many blessings and show an increase of gratitude to those people in our lives who mean so much to us. I include all of you who love mom as people I am so grateful for. We are blessed to call you friends.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we are still here!! Have been wondering how everything was going. Jill, you are amazing. Such a wonderful example of courage. Love you.... Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, still with you with love and good thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sorry about the latest news. Love and prayers, thank you for updating us val.

    Chris & Alisha

    ReplyDelete