Saturday, May 2, 2009

Can it really be?

Adenocarcinoma. a.k.a. Lung Cancer
It's a mystery as to how a young(ish), healthy, non-smoking woman could go in for a check of a sore back and come out of it three (or has it been four?) weeks later with a tumor in her lungs that is approximately 10 centimeters long that has metastisized to her hips and back bones.

The news is fresh. We think we have a plan, but the upcoming week will be time to process what we now know and get second and third opinions about the future. She will have a brain MRI on Tuesday to check to see if the cancer has spread there and she returns north on Thursday to meet with an oncologist at Huntsman.

We know that many of you will have questions and we hope that you will use this blog as a way to keep up on the day to day happenings. Mom is so appreciative of everyone's love and support.

9 comments:

  1. Your Mom is such an amazing person! I am so sorry to hear about this trial she has to face. Your whole family has been and will continue to be in my heart and in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This news is just unbelievable. I'm so glad you have such world-class resources nearby. Thank you for starting this blog to keep updates coming. I will be thinking and praying for your mom (and you all). This battle will be won victoriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you our love and prayers! We are so sorry to hear about this! Aunt Jill, we are hoping for a positive outcome. We love you!! Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Jill you are in my thoughts, prayers and heart constantly. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so saddened to hear the news. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers as you begin this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be thinking of your family. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Hopefully she will pull through in the end healthy and strong.
    -Laina

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry for this devastating news. makes me think she may have been exposed to Radon over the years. Basements? Granite counter tops? You could do some research and see... Radon is confirmed to cause Lung Cancer from what i know. Much luck and positivity that she will have a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bryan called me with the devastating news. I will be praying for you and your family. If anyone can beat this terrible disease, it will be you Jill. With your faith in God and your amazing family at your side, you will get through it! I will be reading your blog and checking with Bryan about your progress.
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete