Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We're up north!

We made the drive up to Lehi this evening so that we are ready for the 11:00 appointment at the Huntsman Cancer Institute in the morning. We are gearing up for the news about the cancer going to the brain. We are all praying for the best, but preparing for the worst. Mom is ready to fight. She's taken her B12 shot, started on folic acid, and has cut out sugar from her diet. (That last one has not been easy on me!)

On a fun note, this week at school is teacher appreciation week. We had a pizza party with her 1st grade class today. I asked the kids to tell her what they appreciated most about her before they got their pizza. I heard lots of "I appreciate you teaching me everything I know." Of course one student stood out..."I appreciate that you are my grandma!" Sarah is the luckiest kid in the universe to have her grandma has her teacher! Brooklyn went to bed after getting her three stories read by grandma tonight. What a treat!

I know that everyone is anxious to hear the details of tomorrow's appointment so I will try and get to the computer as soon as I can. Until then...keep praying.
Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Val. My prayers are most certainly with you all. Especially with Aunt Jill. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you today. Chrissie

    ReplyDelete