Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fast Sunday

Today was fast Sunday. We broke the fast at G.G.'s house. It is wonderful to have the gospel perspective when dealing with a trial. We can just feel all of the prayers being offered on behalf of mom and the family. We are definitely so blessed to have such loving family and friends.

We do have to put the situation into the Lord's hands. We make our desires known and do all that we can, but ultimately it is not up to us. I am grateful for this scripture shared during our meeting today:

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." St John 14:27

Mom is a trooper. After church she made a casserole for a friend who had just had foot surgery. She is an amazing example of unselfish service. When I grow up I want to be just like her.

4 comments:

  1. My heart aches for your family. My 5 year old son was diagnosed with a brain tumor in February and is undergoing chemo. It is a hard and crazy road but I believe in miracles. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and your Mom truly is amazing. I haven't seen her or Becky or Jenny lynn since Danville but she is definitely amazing and will put up a fight!

    Chelsea (Henrie) Northam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fasted on Sunday for Aunt Jill. I can't tell the last time I truly fasted, the right way. Between being pregnant and just not feeling good enough to fast I was always finding a reason not to. I was lazy. But yesterday meant something to me. I was very humbled while fasting for Aunt Jill. It wasn't hard at all, because I was so focused on my reason. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to sacrifice for you Aunt Jill, but also for helping myself grow in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your many friends in Oakland 1st are with you in faith and with prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just think the world of your mom and your sister, Becky. Our prayers are with you all as you take on this journey. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

    ReplyDelete