Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2 AM Phone Call

Don't you just love those? Mom's gums were bleeding all day yesterday and just wouldn't stop so G.G. (grandma) took her to the ER at about midnight. I got a call about 2 to let me know what was going on. They admitted mom to the hospital where she is scheduled to remain until tomorrow. She received two bags of platelets and two units of blood earlier in the day and when I talked to her this evening she was in the process of receiving more platelets. It was a long day and mom didn't get a whole lot of rest. Hopefully tonight will be a peaceful one for her.

The Dr. said there is one more chemo drug to try, but that mom also has the option of saying that she has had enough. Jenni and Becky will come to town tomorrow so we can make some decisions as a family. It is a challenging time, but we know that the Lord is aware of us and that the Holy Ghost is comforting us through it.

Please pray for mom to have a clear mind as she makes some tough decisions. We really appreciate all of the wonderful notes, flowers, and thoughts of love and support. Please know that we love you.
Val

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us all posted during these trying days for your family! I am amazed by your strength and faith! Know that we love all of you and pray for your family daily! She is a strong woman that Heavenly Father loves very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to help out any way I can. Send children/grandchildren my way anytime. Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have our love, support and prayers.
    Nancy and Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying and hoping for the best. I love you, I love you, I love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete