Friday, March 5, 2010

If I had a crystal ball...

We have had a long two and a half days at the hospital and unfortunately the news isn't good. I will try and let you know what I know, but without a crystal ball we really can't predict the future. Mom just came home from being pumped at the hospital with platelets and blood and all the good pain killers. Her gums have yet to stop bleeding and we hear from the doctor that her blood just won't clot anymore. It may be a side effect of her liver shutting down from the cancer taking over. It was decided that she wouldn't seek more treatment because her body just can't handle anymore.

The doctor said that mom possibly has a month left to live. The news is tough, but at this point we believe that relief from pain would be a great gift.

We had a family meeting last night with mom, Brian, and the four of us kids. It was a tender time and I just want you all to know how proud I am of mom. She is scared of what the next small amount of time may bring, but definitely has a testimony that her Heavenly Father loves her and is aware of her.

We have called upon hospice to help out now. They already have a bed and a few other items set up at home. We will figure out a schedule for the nurses to come in and administer pain meds.

We realize that many want to call or visit and we would love for you to be able to visit with mom. But we want to be respectful of giving her some down time as well so we are asking that you call or visit between 9-12 and 3-8. Please don't hesitate to call me if you want to know ahead of time if it is a good time to come visit: 435-668-4395.

I will continue to update more regularly and am so grateful for everyone's concern and love for mom.
Val

6 comments:

  1. My love and heart are really with you. I am in awe of how Aunt Jill has handled everything, and I've only seen the tiniest fraction of it. I'm grateful for the example you've all given me during this time. I have nothing but respect and love for you. I wish I lived closer. Sending all my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please give your mom a hug for me. I know that sounds lame and trite, but I don't mean it to. Tell her I love her and am grateful for all she taught me and the fantastic times we had together. I still draw on those experiences we shared together and the YW from my current stake have benefited from your mom. I love her tons.
    -- Laura Pratt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill has always been a shining light to all of us. We respect, love, and honor her for charming personality, her zest for life, her love of her family, and her devotion to the Lord. She is a friend to everyone she meets. Love to you all --
    Nancy and Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and prayers for the whole family! Your mom speaks so highly of each of you. We know she is surrounded by loving family and friends. Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking and praying for your family. You are all so amazing and such great examples of strength and courage. We love you.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have you in my preayers as always. She is one strong, amazing lady. Thinking of you and your family, Love Helen

    ReplyDelete